This leadership position is focused on understanding the security challenges in the current and future state of business operations, and preparing the organization with the right tools, skills, resources, relationships and capabilities against growing information security risks. Your IT technical capabilities and management experience will be vital in providing guidance for security architecture, vendor solutions, related regulatory changes, industry trends and emerging threats, plus staff and customer awareness training.
The client is a major New Zealand Bank, big but more agile than the Aussies. Progressive, with a high performing team and embracing the new ways of working. Based in Taranaki, our clients are open to the location of this role for the right applicant.
The CISO will contribute to the design and approval of a comprehensive security strategy. The strategy will account for the end-to-end lifecycle of information security operations, including:
- Perpetual evaluation of the IT threat landscape
- Devising policy and controls to reduce risk
- Leading auditing and compliance initiatives
- Establishing the right security and governance practices
- Enabling a framework for risk-free and scalable business operations in the challenging business landscape
- Design a threat assessment framework methodology and develop a roadmap to control information security risks
- Address security threats, breaches and data loss by defining the perimeter, internal, network, application and data security standards.
- Establish and maintain a system that reduces data breaches due to human error and its impact on the organization’s security posture.
- Information security risk assessments across the Bank at regular intervals, ensuring that controls are sufficient and pro-active improvements made
- Ensure ongoing analysis of external information security threats, vulnerabilities and market trends and report upon any potential risk impact to the Bank
- Schedule and manage third party independent software and IT security reviews or audits, where necessary scheduling in conjunction with the Bank’s Internal Audit.
- Maintain relevant relationships with, industry, law enforcement and other related industry or government agencies, ensuring currency on systems, threats and cybersecurity issues
You’ll engage with all relevant stakeholders and at the board level. Your soft skills and the ability to communicate clearly to that audience is important.
We want to hear from you if you have the following:
- A wealth of experience in diverse IT technical and management roles, preferably within information security architecture and/or operations
- Professional certifications, such as CISSP or CISM,
- Deep understanding of the enterprise information security architecture landscape, processes, concepts, and best practices.
- Security frameworks or standards such as ISO 27000 series, ITIL and COBIT
COVID19 - You can apply knowing our client already has the infrastructure and flexible work practice in place. Interviews will be done via video conference, and we are well set up for remote onboarding. For the successful candidate, our client has everything in place to make sure you feel a part of this great team from day one. You’ll be meeting with the team in person in the office just as soon as that is practical.
Applications close Tuesday 14 September. Apply NOW.
If you have any questions or would like more detail call Richard Alexander on 021 2222082
We are open to the location of this role for the right applicant.