You must have a real passion for building high quality, performance software. You'll ensure the technology team is building the platform using stable, efficient and fit-for-purpose practices and technologies so they can move at top speed to deliver fantastic experiences for their customers.
A trusted technology leader, you’ll guide the engineering team in best practise, efficient design and sound technical decisions. You should also be prepared to be challenged by people who care very deeply about the product and the value they are unlocking for their users. The team is data driven, collaborative as a necessity, and very supportive. You’ll work closely with the CTO and the Chief Scientist.
A true principal engineer does not produce 10x the features or fix 10x the tech debt tickets. A truly valuable principal engineer makes their whole team better by advocating for best practices, and helping the less experienced engineers find ways to ‘level up’. They can speak to technical aspects of the product and connect planned work to business strategy and to what makes the company more successful. Maybe most importantly, they have the interpersonal skills to influence others around them towards these goals.
Our client is an award winning software application monitoring company. Recognised as a finalist for Wellington Gold Awards 2016 & 2019, won both the NZ Hi-Tech Awards for Start-up 2015 and Most Innovative Hi-Tech Software Product 2020. Rapidly growing it’s global customer base, servicing 100,000+ users in 120+ countries with clients such as Coca-Cola, HBO, Microsoft and Samsung. This is a company with little to no staff turnover - you know what that means, it's a great place to work.
You’ll have a deep understanding of technology, you guide and grow people so they can be and give their best. You’ve shaped and nurtured a high autonomy, high performance culture, where people think holistically, communicate freely, and make the right technical decisions with your guidance and within your frameworks.
- A leading hand across projects and initiatives with the engineering team to ensure technology success
- Clear, open communication lines with the executive team. Communicating both risk and opportunity.
- You will proactively build and prioritise the engineering roadmap. Working with the Delivery Manager to allocate engineering roadmap initiatives to the teams
- Grow our engineering team through education initiatives and 1:1 training so they are continuously developing in their technical expertise
- Experience with budget (and staying in it), forecasting and actuals around the cost of infrastructure commitments should be transparent and clearly communicated
- Strategically contribute with your innovation and experimentation to help shape the technology direction and continuous improvement.
- Mastery of web application development and architecture, datastore optimisation, distributed systems, observability and AWS infrastructure
- Background in Microsoft .NET development.
Tech stack is Apache Druid, Elastic Search and Kafka
A full-time, permanent position, paying up to $220,000 per annum. We want people who are passionate and engaged about the product and company!
Apply now by sending your CV using the link below or contact Richard Alexander on 021 222 2082 or Kizzy Sullivan on 021 090 1384 for more details