Upper Echelon has an opportunity for a proactive, pragmatic Principal Engineer to join a top class software monitoring firm that specialises in software error reporting and performance monitoring. Working closely with the CTO and the Chief Scientist, you'll be a leading hand across projects and initiatives with the engineering team to ensure technology success, enabling them to deliver fantastic experiences for their customers. As a trusted technology leader, strategically contribute with your innovation and experimentation to help shape the technology direction and continuous improvement. Proactively build and prioritise the engineering roadmap, working with the Delivery Manager to allocate engineering roadmap initiatives to the teams. Grow the engineering team through education initiatives and training so they are continuously developing in their technical expertise. You'll have a real passion for the product, company and what they are aiming to achieve. This is the key primer behind having a successful product.
Skills & experience
You'll have a deep technical knowledge, be able to get down to detail and possess open communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. You'll also have:
- A strong .NET development background
- A broad understanding of networks and infrastructure
- Be a master of web application development and architecture, datastore optimisation, distributed systems, observability and AWS infrastructure
- Experience with budget (and staying in it), forecasting and actuals around the cost of infrastructure commitments should be transparent
About the company
A well known Wellington success story who are continually growing. Recognised as a finalist for the Wellington Gold Awards 2016 & 2019, they won both the NZ Hi-Tech Awards for Start-up 2015 and Most Innovative Hi-Tech Software Product 2020. Rapidly growing their global customer base, servicing 100,000+ users in 120+ countries with clients such as Coca-Cola, HBO, Microsoft and Samsung. This is a company with little to no staff turnover - you know what that means, it's a great place to work.
- An office based in the CBD
- 10% dedicated development and learning time
- Flexible working arrangements - option to work from home
- Employee "wellness" program
- Paid team lunch each Friday
How to apply
Click APPLY or contact Kizzy Sullivan on 021 090 1384 or Richard Alexander on 021 222 2082 for a confidential discussion.